Photo Credit: Irene Jeruss
Visiting Presby Memorial Iris Garden
Presby Memorial Iris Garden honors Frank Presby, founder of the American Iris Society, and opened to the public as a living museum in 1927.
Special Features of Presby Memorial Iris Garden
- More than 4,000 varieties of irises, some dating back to the sixteenth century.
- 14,000 irises of approximately 3,000 varieties producing over 100,000 blooms during the season (early May through early June).
- 26 beds containing bearded irises.
- Additional beds containing a collection of non-bearded Siberian, Japanese and Louisiana irises and a separate collection of median or “mini” irises.
- Each iris has a market, listing the name, hybrizer, and year the iris was registered with the American Iris Society.
- Pollinator Garden, developed by the Rutgers Master Gardeners of Essex County.
- Bee sanctuary and education pavilion.
- Iris sales each year in May.
474 Upper Mountain Ave, Montclair, NJ 07043